Wednesday, December 15, 2010

1 Assignment #17: The Slam!

Please Visit http://pollockdigital.blogspot.com/2010/12/assignment-17-slam.html For More Details On Why I Am Making This Post

______________________

a) What did you learn from Greg and Beth Ann? (at least 2 things)


- I learned many things but in my opinion i think that i have learned the most important thing, and that is, Greg taught me when i should take the appropriate time to take a pause and breath, because in raps you have to go fast and you do not have enough time to get a full deep breath, But i am now elaborating on it.


- Also they have taught me to always try to make it realistic by showing our body language, i personally get off beat and mess up when trying to act something while rapping. But i am hard at work trying to memorize it and hopefully when i have fully memorized it, i can then preform it in a way where it shows my body language.
b.) When writing your own poem, what did you use as inspiration? (at least 3 things)


- One main inspiration was the food bank, just 2 days ago i brought a full bag of cans and other food items, and once i brought it in i had a thought of the poor and unfortunate and it touched me in a way where i just had to bring the subject up.


- Also i listen to ALOT of rap and hip hop style music, and most of them are about money, drugs, gangs, woman, guns, etc. I wanted to make something where it was unique and what i did was i made it seemed in the beginning that money is everything, then i made a dramatic twist which was about poverty.


- I got inspiration from my fellow peers and Greg and Beth Ann, As i heard other people poems it kept giving me more and more ideas and that was an amazing experience. 

c.) What are you most proud of from your poem or your presentation of it? (at least one thing)


- I am very happy to just have gone up and preformed, i am also happy that i didn't mess up, usually when rapping a person cannot breath as normally and usually chokes, i was very close to doing exactly that but what i did was i made some slow parts in my rap which gave me time to breath and relax. 
d.) How did you feel before you performed?


When going up my mind was racing, i kept thinking what happens if i mess up? What will i do? When will i breath? What will happen? How will the audience react? 


I was very nervous.

e.) How did you feel AFTER you performed?


I felt relieved and proud, i had the nerve to preform towards two very professional people who have been doing poems almost there entire life, And I'm sure this not only me that feels this way , I'm sure most people in our class feel the same way. 


f.) What would you change about your own poem or performance for next time? (at least 1 thing)


I am planning on memorizing it, this way i can preform hand gestures and better and clearly explain what the message is.


g.) What did you learn/like about someone else's poem?


I was very surprised of Noah's poem, it was shocking cause in class we all had doubts but in the end he pulled through.


Also i really like Reshad's and Melissa's poems/raps, both used expressions and actions and it was very obvious that the audience enjoyed it. 


MY POEM:



Money, money, money
Looking so good, with all this money I knew that I would.
I never thought I could. But always new I should.
Buck buck buck
Money power respect
This is the rap game, so dont feel pain.
Boom Boom Boom
Rob a guy in the street
I look to my feet, run so fast
Looking so gangsta, none of this matters cause im a wanksta.
Fast, furious, speed
Head first in the mud, looking to my left.
Cop one on one. Stand up
book it book book it.
Money money money
People say money is everything, Money don’t bring happiness. In my head its always sunny, but in reality its always gunny.
Paper, dough, mola
Everyone around me got money, All this don’t matter cause I got my honey. People doing drugs,
Paper, dough, mola
People in the streets acting G thinking their thugs.
UPL, Wak, D-Block all these places scary
Money money money
All da people in UPL actin  hairy, running around like tom and jerry.
Blocka blocka blocka 
As I stand and rap I gotta flap my wings and fly
One day we all gonna die and none of this will matter
So keep being flattered.
Poverty so bad so painful so poor
You may think you have a crappy door, it aint nothing compared to the poor.
Broken floors, Water, H20, Food
You have all these things , other people dont
They all well known, Don’t turn your back and leave them alone,
Boom, Pitch black
Gotta eat a snack, to bad aint nothing there.
Thinking your sleeping with the bears, I swear I cannot compare, so get off that chair. And be aware
Child care, Health care, I declare money aint nothing compared to our society
Cancer, aids, hiv
These dancers thinking they cool, they aint nothing but fools, Go get a normal life, cause in the end you gonna meet the knife.
Prostitution, Pollution, Constitution
As I finish my rap, I hope you will be apart this contribution, And this can be a whole new revolution. 

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks Mateen! Your poem was awesome as well!

Post a Comment