Wednesday, November 10, 2010

0 Assignment #11: Letters of Remembrance


Date: 19 August 1942
Dear, 
Jona

The Battle Of Dieppe was hell, Just 2 days ago 19th of August, We have began an attack on the German occupied port of Dieppe on the northern cost France. We attack at approximately 5:00 AM Over 6,000 including me had been involved with the conflict, luckily we were supported by the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force. What we were trying to do was to hold a major port for a very small amount of time, to prove that it was possible to gather information from prisoners and recover materials that the germans used to respond to the conflict. We also wanted to destroy coastal defences, and all other buildings. 

Over 3,500 people have been murdered, killed, or held captive. I promised myself not to tell you this but i have to tell it to someone. As we were in hide out a saw this man holding a gun, As soon as he sees me , he raises his gun and i shut my eyes, Saying to myself "I am going to die". Boom! The gun goes off 2 seconds later, i see that im still alive, but look over to where the person was , and see blood everywhere along with his body dropped to the floor and i see my fellow allies taking him by the arm and dragging him. Till that day i will not be the same.

The reason i haven't sent you messages , was because i have seen so many horrible things, I have been so depressed and worried, I am not sure you will get this message, by the time you get this message , Im unsure if i will be alive, I Love You.

Your Husband,
Mickey

0 comments:

Post a Comment